Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

By Definition


I've been thinking a lot about the things I want to build in my life lately. Career choices, friendships, romantic love, and family were all swirling around my head. Which lead to some random internet surfing... For some reason I found dictionary.com's definition of the word "create" exceptionally inspiring.

create -
To
evolve from one's own thought or imagination, as a work of art or an invention.

To cause to come into being, as something unique that would not naturally evolve or that is not made by ordinary processes.

It made me smile to think that the lives we all create for ourselves can also be thought of "as a work of art." For me life often feels like I am constructing some elaborate flower arrangement, slowly adding each bloom until suddenly I see a beautiful bouquet.

What are you trying to create in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment